ALL-Kibby Bellefontaine Avenue
This project included analysis of the 5-leg intersection of Harding Highway, Bellefontaine Avenue, Kibby Street, and Leonard Avenue. In 2008, the segment of Bellefontaine Avenue/Harding Highway from Kibby Street to Greely Chapel Road was ranked second in the state as an HSP segment.
Also in 2008, ODOT identified the project area as part of a Hot Spot Location that was ranked 54th in the state. A traffic operations analysis was performed based upon ODOT-certified planning level traffic for three alternatives and a no-build option. Additional traffic associated with the development along South Leonard Avenue to Fourth Street was taken into account. Alternatives analyzed a roundabout at the intersection and different reconfigurations of the local road network. Our analysis determined that the local traffic did not warrant the improvements originally in the scope of services and that altering the signal timing would solve the intersection congestion and back-up. With this information, ODOT agreed and cancelled the full scope of the remaining work.
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak