96th Street and Allisonville Road Intersection Reconstruction
Consultants from our engineering firm performed construction inspection services for the improvements to the intersection of 96th Street and Allisonville Road that included complete reconstruction of the existing intersection as well as modifications to the traffic flow through the intersection. The traffic flow modifications included a conversion of the existing signalized intersection by installing Median U-turns (also known as “Michigan-lefts”) downstream from each leg of the intersection.
The modification to the intersection included removal of the existing left-turn lanes located at each leg of the intersection. Once removed, each leg allows for through traffic and right-turn traffic only. Left turns for each leg are then made via median u-turns downstream of the intersection. The existing intersection and approaches were completely reconstructed by using full-depth QC/QA Portland Cement Concrete Pavement (PCCP) of varying thicknesses. New storm sewers were constructed utilizing four stormwater BMP structures prior to out-letting. New detention structures will be constructed as well.
Additional elements of the project included the construction of a multi-use pathway, retaining wall construction (cast-in-place, MSE, and modular block), bike lane installation, new lighting, signs, and pavement markings. Elements of the pedestrian pathways will include colored and stamped concrete as well as the use of pedestrian handrails. This project also included a complex landscaping plan with significant tree mitigation.
Maintenance of traffic was accomplished via phased construction. 16 phases were used in order to build the project while keeping as much traffic flowing through the intersection as possible.
- American Structurepoint Wins $500 Million Rota MACC
- Newman Road Project Receives Indiana Engineering Achievement Award
- SR 37 Corridor Drainage System Cited in National Engineering Competition
- Greg Henneke Achieves ASCE Fellow Distinction
- Glasswater Creek of Plainfield Receives National Recognition For Design Excellence
- American Structurepoint to Serve As Advisor for 16 Tech Signature Bridge Project
- Noblesville Wastewater Treatment Upgrades Cited In National Engineering Competition
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak