10th Street Reconstruction & Realignment
Two objectives of this relocation included improving pedestrian safety for Allison employees accessing plant facilities and contributing to the Speed Zone Redevelopment Master Plan with the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and creating economic development opportunities in Speedway. Work was performed for the Town of Speedway in conjunction with INDOT’s Greenfield District.
The engineering project involved the reconstruction of 10th Street from about 200 feet west of Main Street to about 880 feet east of Polco Street. The existing horizontal alignment was realigned in order to go around the Allison Transmission employee parking lot. The proposed vertical profile matches the existing ground as much as possible to minimize impacts while staying above the 100-year flood elevation. The road's travel lanes were widened from 10-foot to 12-foot widths and the 2-way left-turn lane was widened from a 14-foot to 16-foot width. Intersection radii was improved to current standards allowing truck movement to flow more freely. The length of construction along 10th Street is approximately 2,750 feet. Other project features include four 12-foot lanes (two in each direction), 16-foot turn lane, curb and gutter, 6-foot utility strips, 5-foot sidewalks, new inlets, manholes, catch basins, lighting along corridor, storm sewer system, large culvert extension. All intersections were sized for IDV truck turning movements. New signals are included at Polco, Allison Way, and Main Street. The profile followed the existing ground to minimize earthwork and account for future development.
- Company Provides Engineering Services to Red Line Bus Rapid Transit Project
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Mark Tomlinson Joins American Structurepoint As Technical Director of Transportation in Austin
- South Bend Smart Streets Initiative Wins First-Place ARTBA Globe Award
- Will Conley Joins American Structurepoint as Principal
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- City of Green Roundabout Project Wins ACEC Ohio Engineering Excellence Award | American Structurepoint
- American Structurepoint Projects Receive Three ACEC Indiana Awards
- American Structurepoint Hires Walid Gemayel, PE, as Senior VP of Ohio Team
- Sportsplex Groundbreaking Keeps Hammond Hot Streak