Veterans Affairs Sterile Processing Services (SPS) Addition
Fort Wayne, Indiana
American Structurepoint designed a $4.8 million basement-level addition of Building 1 to accommodate a new SPS department and supporting services. The first phase of the project is an expansion of the existing basement; however, the structure is being designed to support a future 5-story expansion above the basement level. In addition to the 5-story expansion, the structural foundation and framing design accounts for Progressive Collapse and AT/FP criteria to meet code provisions.
The design incorporates the functional layout and required mechanical systems for a standard Sterile Processing Services. Design charettes with the user groups accounted for program validation to ensure the client’s expectations for the project were met. Wayfinding and signage for the project included an analysis of the existing buildings in order to provide appropriate directions to the expanded space.
- Rob Bray Receives Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- Ivy Tech marches toward unified campus
- Brandon Farley, AIA, Receives 2016 Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- American Structurepoint Architect Named Outstanding Mentor by ACE Mentor Program
- American Structurepoint Designs Aerospace Research Facility for Purdue Research Foundation, Rolls-Royce