Veterans Affairs Renovate and Upgrade Patient Areas, Northern Indiana Healthcare System
Fort Wayne, Indiana
American Structurepoint managed the architecture, MEP engineering, structural engineering, and commissioning of this $7.7 million, 23,000-sft renovation. The project demolishes the existing clinical area to accommodate a new Nursing Unit and Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
Both the Nursing Unit and ICU include reception, patient, support, and administrative areas. The patient areas include ICU rooms, airborne infection isolation, anteroom, bathrooms, exam rooms, bariatric, dayrooms, and recreation areas. The project uses a collaborative, integrated planning and design process that initiates and maintains an integrated project team in all stages of a project planning and delivery. Our team worked with the VA to establish performance goals for siting, energy, water, materials, and indoor environmental quality along with other comprehensive design goals, and ensured incorporation of these goals throughout the design and lifecycle of the building.
- American Structurepoint Salutes Groundbreaking of New Loeb Stadium
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Groundbreaking for New Building at Northside Pediatrics Set for Friday, April 5
- CEDIA Headquarters Takes Best in Show in 2019 IIDA Indiana Interior Design Excellence Awards
- Rob Bray Receives Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- Ivy Tech marches toward unified campus
- Brandon Farley, AIA, Receives 2016 Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- American Structurepoint Architect Named Outstanding Mentor by ACE Mentor Program
- American Structurepoint Designs Aerospace Research Facility for Purdue Research Foundation, Rolls-Royce