Veterans Affairs Parking Structure and Expansion
As part of a design-build team, American Structurepoint led the design for the original post-tensioned, cast-in-place parking structure with site parking and improvements. The three-story structure was designed for easy expansion, and two years after construction, our team finalized the design for the structure’s three-story addition with pedestrian connector bridge that allows safe and sheltered entry into the hospital after parking.
Our design objective for the parking structure exterior was to provide a functional, visually appealing facility that is a source of convenience for end users. Pre-cast concrete panels were used for a majority of the exterior parking garage cladding system. This material provides an economic structure with a multitude of design options to set the structure apart, as well as tie into the existing hospital.
The site design accommodated a complex network of existing utilities, while maintaining utility service and access to existing buildings on the VA campus. Site elements are arranged in an efficient, functional manner, using durable materials to create a safe pedestrian environment. The design and construction of the project was phased in order to turn over completed areas of the site to the VA, allowing them to use the access road and surface parking areas as soon as possible.
- Rob Schoeck To Lead American Structurepoint's Healthcare Design Practice
- Bill McCuen Joins American Structurepoint Architecture Studio
- American Structurepoint Salutes Groundbreaking of New Loeb Stadium
- American Structurepoint Begins New Era – Relocates to 9025 River Road
- Matt Moore, PE, Joins American Structurepoint as Vice President
- Groundbreaking for New Building at Northside Pediatrics Set for Friday, April 5
- CEDIA Headquarters Takes Best in Show in 2019 IIDA Indiana Interior Design Excellence Awards
- Rob Bray Receives Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- Ivy Tech marches toward unified campus
- Brandon Farley, AIA, Receives 2016 Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- American Structurepoint Architect Named Outstanding Mentor by ACE Mentor Program
- American Structurepoint Designs Aerospace Research Facility for Purdue Research Foundation, Rolls-Royce