CityBus Bus Storage and Administrative Facility
American Structurepoint provided full design services for a $1.16 million, 8,263-sft expansion for bus storage at the CityBus Storage and Administrative Facility. Design and construction work included facility expansion, site demolition, parking lot expansion, bus lot expansion, utility infrastructure, bus and vehicular circulation, stormwater quality and quantity drainage improvements, and landscape design. We encountered a challenging site with poor soils and designed the facility with auger cast concrete piles and one-way concrete slab with grade beams to independently support the slab.
The CityBus facility was kept fully operational during construction; therefore, phasing was an important component of this project. The addition was lowered 12 inches below the adjacent garage to allow for the continuation of the existing roof slope and to work with existing site grades. American Structurepoint worked closely with the City and the City Parks Department throughout design. An environmental impact assessment was required in order to comply with NEPA and FTA, which American Structurepoint prepared and obtained approval prior to any construction activities. American Structurepoint also provided construction administration services through construction completion.
- Diversification Drives American Structurepoint's Success
- Ivy Tech marches toward unified campus
- Brandon Farley, AIA, Receives 2016 Young Architect Award from AIA Indiana
- American Structurepoint Architect Named Outstanding Mentor by ACE Mentor Program
- American Structurepoint Designs Aerospace Research Facility for Purdue Research Foundation, Rolls-Royce